Cloud is a metaphor used for the availability of data and information over the Internet; this technology represents a modern concept, enabling convenient and on-demand network access to digital resources, anywhere and anytime with no human intervention. It is a technologically superior platform to conduct diverse business processes based on the idea of generating computing facility on demand. Servers, applications such as emails, voice, back up, security, are some of the main resources that cloud computing delivers over the Internet to the companies. With numerous compelling features, it has proved a resourceful solution for all the companies in terms of budget, efficiency and turn-around-time.
Models of Cloud Computing:
There are three models. They are as follows-
Public Cloud – In this model, a service provider makes digital resources such as applications, storage, available to other organizations or public over the Internet on pay-per-usage model. Thus, eliminating the need of any hardware or supporting infrastructure at the user’s end.
Private Cloud – A private cloud is one in which the services and infrastructure are maintained on a private network and functions solely for a single organization and provides more control over company’s data and avoids many of the objections regarding cloud computing security.
Hybrid Cloud – This is a combination of public and private cloud resources based on technical and business requirements. In this model, an organization manages some resources in-house and others are provided externally.
Benefits of Using Cloud Technology :
Cloud Computing advantages Virtualization by pooling all computer resources together while taking into consideration the scalability of the environment and thus delivering a great service. Here are some key benefits of using cloud. These companies have experienced better business results such as reduced cost of technology infrastructure and operations, and improved revenue growth.
1) Reduce Costs – Cloud Computing reduces overall IT costs by giving an access to converged infrastructure, shared services on a pay-as you-go-model, and does not demands on-premises servers and other expenses related to its maintenance.
2) Enhance Speed – This computing technology enhances speed and provides agility by considerably reducing deployment time. With this robust technology, deploying applications are a matter of minutes.
3) Quick and Easy Learning – Cloud applications are accessed through web browsers and are much simpler to use thus involving less learning curve, making adoption easy.
4) Better Information Security – Moving to cloud ensures better information security as all cloud-computing companies adhered to strict ISO standards.
To Increase Customer Engagement with Cloud Technology
Being advanced and agile, this technology offers a strategic, dynamic and robust base for customer engagement programs. Three simple steps to enhance your customer engagement on cloud.
1) Measure – Marketing clouds can make measuring customer engagement simple, by utilizing various factors such as no. of repeat customers, behavior during Webinars, average visit duration and more. By Clouds, you can measure multiple parameters easily thus giving you in-depth insight of your marketing metrics.
2) Identify – With marketing metrics, you can clearly identify your best channels and can improve upon the ones, which needs further improvement. With research, strategy and experimentation, you can power lacking channels for achieving best results.
3) Select a Cloud Provider – For a smooth transition, you can select a cloud provider, which understands your business needs and helps.